Advanced Computer Science
The WCSwiki is now open!Here is the link to the lab due date schedule for the entire year.
If you're looking for apcslib.jar, you can find it here.
You can get gpdraw.jar here. There is also documentation.
The lab notes, assignments, and side quests for each lesson are listed below, along with any additional material.
- Lesson 28: Bump ... Set ... Map!
- Lesson 30: I Think that I Shall Never See ...
- Lesson 29: Linked Lists
- Lesson 27: Lists and Iterators
- Lesson 24: 2D Recursive Algorithms
- Lesson 23: Another Dimension
- Lesson 19: In Search of the Most Amazing Thing
- Lesson 26: QuickSort
- Lesson 18: Signal before Merging
- Lesson 25: The Big O
- Lesson 17: Sorting Things Out
- Lesson 16: (I need) Arrays
- Lesson 21: Numb3r5
- Lesson 20: Polymorphism (4th Level Transmutation)
- Lesson 15: ArrayList
- Lesson 14: Boolean Algebra && Loop Boundaries && DeMorgan's Law
- Lesson 13: Exceptions and File I/O
- Lesson 13 Notes (and Labs)
- Video Lesson
- Lab 13.1: ErrorCheck (CheckingAccount.java)
- Lab 13.2: Average (numbers.txt)
- Lab 13.3: Squeeze (squeeze.txt)
- Side Quests
- Worksheet A13.1 - Exceptions Review (2 Tokens)
- Create a poster that illustrates, describes, and troubleshoots one of the following common exceptions in Java: ArithmeticException, ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException, ClassCastException, IllegalArgumentException, IllegalStateException, IOException, NullPointerException, NumberFormatException, StackOverflowError, or NoClassDefFoundError. It should be of high quality and at least 11" x 17". (1 Token)
- Lesson 11: Inheritance (where there's a will, there's a beneficiary)
- Lesson 10: Strings and Things (well, Objects, anyway)
- Lesson 12: Iteration Iteration Iteration
- Lesson 9 Notes (and Labs)
- Video Lesson 9
- Lab 9.1: Fibonacci
- Lab 9.2: KochCurve
- Side Quests
- Worksheet A9.1 - Recursion Review (1 Token)
- Write an essay covering an example of a recursive process in nature. Your essay needs to define recursion and show how and why the chosen example is a recursive process. (1 Token)
- When is a recursive method not recursive? This isn't in specific cases, but rather a question of when the compiler treats the recursive method as an iterative method. In an essay, describe the case of when a recursive method doesn't compile as a recursive method and explain why this is the case. (2 Tokens)
Java Curriculum for AP Computer Science, Lab Assignment A10.2 1 © ICT 2006, www.ict.org, All Rights Reserved Use permitted only by licensees in accordance with license terms ( http://www.ict.org/javalicense.pdf ) LAB ASSIGNMENT A10.2 CarRental Background: When you rent a car from an agency, the key ring has several pieces of information: license plate, make and year of car, and usually a special code. This code could be used for some data processing within the company's computers. This lab will practice determining that special car rental code from the license plate. Assignment: 1. The following sequence of steps will be used to convert a license plate into a car rental code. a. A license plate consists of 3 letters followed by a 3 digit integer value. b. The license plate information will be typed at the keyboard as 3 characters followed by a space followed by a single integer value. For example, CPR 607. c. Add up the ASCII values of the 3 letters, 67 + 80 + 82 = 229 .