SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS :
1. In the adjoining figure, BD is a diagonal of quad. ABCD. Show that ABCD is a parallelogram and calculate the area of || gm ABCD.
2. In a || gm ABCD, it is given that AB = 16 cm and the altitudes corresponding to the sides AB and AD are 6 cm and 8 cm respectively. Find the length of AD.
3. Show that the line segment joining the mid-points of a pair of opposite sides of a parallelogram, divides it into two equal parallelograms.
4. In the given figure, the area of II gm ABCD is 90 cm2. State giving reasons :
(i) ar ( ||gm ABEF) (ii) ar (ΔABD) (iii) ar (ΔBEF).
5. In the given figure, the area of ΔABC is 64 cm2. State giving reasons : (i) ar ( || gm ABCD) (ii) ar (rect. ABEF)
6. In the given figure, ABCD is a quadrilateral. A line through D, parallel to AC, meets BC produced in P. Prove
that : ar (ΔABP) = ar (quad. ABCD).
7. Answer the following questions as per the exact requirement:
(i) ABCD is a parallelogram in which AB║CD and AB = CD = 10 cm. If the perpendicular distance between AB and CD be 8 cm, find the area of the parallelogram ABCD.
(il) ABCD is a parallelogram having area 240 cm2, BC = AD = 20 cm and BC║AD. Find the distance between the parallel sides BC and AD. '
(iii) ABCD is a parallelogram having area 160 cm2, BC║AD and the perpendicular distance between BC and AD is 10 cm. Find the length of the side BC.
(iv) ABCD is a parallelogram having area 200 cm2. If AB║CO, P is mid-point of AB and Q is mid-point of CD, find the area of the quadrilateral APQD.
(v) ABCD is a parallelogram having area 450 cm2. If AB║CD, points P and Q divide AB and DC respectively in the ratio 1 : 2, find the area of the parallelogram APQD and parallelogram PBCQ.
8. In fig, ∠AOB = 90°, AC = BC, OA = 12 cm and OC = 6.5 cm. Find the area of ΔAOB.
9. In fig, ABCD is a trapezium in which AB = 7 cm, AD = BC = 5 cm, DC = x cm, and distance between AB and DC is 4 cm. Find the value of x and area of trapezium ABCD.
10. In fig, OCDE is a rectangle inscribed in a quadrant of a circle of radius 10 cm. If OE =2 5 , find the area of the rectangle.Show more
Нельзя было даже оглянуться: такси остановится в любой момент и снова начнется стрельба. Однако выстрелов не последовало. Мотоцикл каким-то чудом перевалил через гребень склона, и перед Беккером предстал центр города.
Городские огни сияли, как звезды в ночном небе.