Smart Narrative Essay Topics
Sometimes it can be difficult to write really interesting and exciting essay of the good quality. The main difficulty is that the writer should engage the reader’s attention. The best way to attract your audience interest into your essay is to choose the topic. It should reflect the main point of your essay and give readers a hint what your essay will be about. Narrative essay topic should be lively and interesting.
About a Narrative Essay
Writing a narrative essay, you have to follow these options: write an essay on the topic given by the professor or to make your own topic for your narrative essay. The second option is definitely more interesting and exciting, yet it is more difficult. You have no chance to make an error in the essay topic as it determines the success of your narrative essay.
As we already know, the narrative essays concentrate on story telling or describe some accident that happened in the narrator’s life. That is why the topic should relate closely with the experience the writer.
Did you Know we can Write your Essay for You?
Narrative Essay Topics
Below you can see a list of narrative essay topics that can guarantee 100% of success:
- An experience that left me disillusioned.
- The most embarrassing experience of my life.
- A frightening experience that I had.
- A memorable journey.
- A dangerous experience and my behavior during the accident.
- Friendship breakup.
- The moment of my personal failure.
- The moment of my success.
- The encounter that changed my life.
- Experience that helped to renew my faith.
- The most strange job interview I have ever had.
- My first working day.
- The last day at work.
- A significant misunderstanding.
- The first serious rejection in my life.
- A memorable event in the life of my family.
- Being acquainted with someone, you considered to be your role-model.
- A memorable encounter with the authority.
- My first visit to the country.
- Country of my dream.
- A childhood experience that helped me to grow up.
- An experience that showed me real life values.
- An experience that taught me how to be more appreciative of my life.
- An example of heroism for me.
- A negative example of cowardice.
- An experience that proves that the appearance could be deceiving.
- An act of rebellious that changed my life.
- An imaginary encounter with a real person.
- Miracles in the everyday life.
- The most difficult decision I had to make.
- Why I should be careful with what I wish for.
- A historic event that changed my life.
- A trip that I would like to take.
- A book that impressed me a lot.
- An important discovery that influenced my life.
- An experience that made me laugh until I cried.
- The day when I decided to change my life.
- Two different version of the same event.
- A horrible traffic incident.
- A turning point of my life.
- The best birthday celebration ever.
- A day when everything went wrong.
- An unexpected encounter.
- The best vacation trip of my childhood.
- My first day and the lesson I learnt of it.
- My experience of being lost.
- A brush with the enemy.
- A brush with greatness.
- The experience that altered your perception of someone.
- The account of a visit to a fictional place.
Important Details of Narrative Essay
As you can see, there is a whole rich variety of topics for writing a narrative essay that can vary greatly. There are personal narratives or story-telling narratives. As a result, the selection of topic does not matter as the writer should remember that everything is under his control in a narrative essay. The writer has the rights and responsibilities to alter any details that will help in delivering the message of the writing.
Keep in mind, the narrative essay should tell an interesting or eye-catching story. Make sure that all kinds of sensory details were used. Writers usually skip this step, as it is the most difficult one. However, experienced writer will use additional details in order to emphasize the point he makes in the essay and make it more effective. The more details the writer uses the more chances that the reader will be engaged.
Good essayist should utilize proper pacing. It is better not to zip through details very quickly as it will distract the reader from the main idea of the essay. On the contrary, using of too many details it will take the reader too much time for reading and he will get boring and may never finish reading the essay till the end.
Why is it important to come up with good narrative essay writing topics?
In most occasions, when students have a task to write a narrative essay, they chose between two options: to use the topic that their tutor proposed or to come up with their own topic. The success of topic choice determines the success of the whole essay. In the event that you cannot do it yourself, college essay help from the best writers you can find here.
No matter what piece of writing you are assigned at your institution, the complete paper must be interesting to read. More important is to choose an essay topic that you will be interested in writing with passion. A narrative essay writing is the only genre of academic writing that allows the writer to expand his imagination and creativity on the fullest. While writing this type of essay you can omit strict structure regulations. That is why students like this essay sub-genre the most.
But the freedom of choice can become a challenge for essay writers. When you are allowed to write anything from your experience, you can stuck on idea deficiency. Some students use the first idea that comes in their head and work on it, but the result is not successful. Because the narrative essay topic must both be appealing to you can interesting to the audience who will read it. So, to give you the basis for topic consideration we provide a list of best ideas for narrative essays. They are organized in subtopics for your convenience. We also give a brief description of each subtopic the make you clearly realize what to write.
Narrative essay topic ideas
Typically, an aim of the narrative essay is to teach you how to tell about your experiences in a literary manner. So, to write a good essay you have to brainstorm all thoughts concerning your life experiences. It can be both negative and positive examples. Try to describe them in as many details as possible to attract readers attention.
View All Essay Examples on Life Experience
A childhood is a period of bright impressions and first experiences. As children are naive and sincere, they have a tendency to get involved in ridiculous situations. We are sure that you have something interesting to tell about your childhood years. Let the next topic ideas call your memories of situations from childhood that can make a good basis for your narrative essay writing.
View All Essay Examples on Childhood Memory
3. School years
The school is a path to the adulthood. A person gets essential knowledge and experience there. School years present challenges that contribute to the development of personality. Your school experience and the challenges you overcame are unique. That is why if you write about studying at a school in your narrative essay you have a chance to be original.
View All Essay Examples on School
The life of every person is closely connected with relationships. Everybody has personal memories of family, friends and beloved people. Your story about them will always have a private character, so if you are asked to write a narrative essay, relationships is an eternal source of unique ideas.
View All Essay Examples on Relationships
In every country, people obey legal laws. But there are other laws that regulate people's lives on a larger scale. They are laws of ethics and morality. Morality has an array of unsolved issues, the solution on which usually presents a choice. Either to do something and keep to rules of ethics, or do the opposite and violate these rules. Essay morality topics are a successful choice because they are always of immediate interest.
View All Essay Examples on Morality
Your interests determine the manner of everything that you create. Usually, the sphere of personal interests consists of hobbies and things that attract the person. To write a narrative essay about your interests ask yourself “What do I enjoy doing?” , “What music do I like to listen”, “How do I prefer to spend my free time?”. It is one of the topics about which you can write with passion. Mind that people enjoy reading texts written passionately.
View All Essay Examples on Travel
Every spot in the world has a story. When you have a trip, the very stage of it is filled with impressions. No matter how many times people visited the seaside or mountains. You have your own journey and you have impressions of it. Why not share it with your readers? Narrative essay format allows you to write even the second Odyssey. Briefly, of course.
9. Student life
Life in college differs from school years. It is more adventurous and enriched with impressions. You are introduced to new people, subjects, a system of education and living conditions. So, it is a great basis for various epic stories! Starting from situations that happen particularly in college and life twists that tend to occur only during the student years. Student years are considered to be the best in the lifetime, why not to write about them in your narrative essay?
10. Imagine if…
In narrative essay topic that starts with the words “Imagine If...” usually require creating a story that is possible from your point of view in future. This subtopic is one of the most popular among the students. Because it allows them to make up everything they wish. The entire freedom of imagination!
I have chosen the topic for my narrative essay. What's next?
After the moment you found the most appealing topic for your writing, you must study carefully the instructions from your institution. Be aware of the size it has to be and start writing the narrative essay outline. Also, check out next writing tips, that will ease the writing process.
Tips on narrative essay writing:
1. Focus on specific details that are essential to cover the topic. Try to avoid mentioning irrelevant for the topic information.
2. Do not lie or embellish facts. Dig deep into your experience. Readers value the sincerity.
3. Connect your ideas. Use transition words to make your text coherent and easy to read.
4. Do not omit the conclusion. No matter what your topic is, you write a narrative essay to state what did you get from the experience.
5. Write in such a manner, that you will be interested to read it. If you won't like reading it, the text does not worth the attention of the audience.
6. See the limits of your writing. It is obvious that you can tell much about your experience, but you must not overload the reader with information.
7. Be creative. In the narrative essay, you can write in the first person and use different stylistic devices.
8. Follow instructions of your tutor attentively. Because even being a flexible writing genre, the narrative essay needs to be written according to stated patterns.